Primrose Hall Peonies is an RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medal award-winning British specialist peony nursery and we hold the Plant Heritage National Collection for unusual Intersectional or Itoh peony varieties. We currently stock the largest selection of rare and extremely collectable peonies for sale in the UK from herbaceous to tree and patio to Itoh, we are growing them all. Our peonies are sold at flowering maturity. We ship our peonies all over the UK and Europe. If you are an international customer you can read all about our international shipping here.
Most importantly every peony plant grown on our nursery is nurtured with love and care to making sure they are of the best quality before they move on to their forever home… in your garden. See below for what else makes our peonies so special.
Top Tips For Growing Healthy Happy Peonies Every Time!
- Buy a well-established, MATURE peony plant.
- Plant in a sunny or part-shaded sheltered position in any FREE-DRAINING soil.
- Don’t plant your herbaceous or intersectional peony TOO DEEP – ensure the crown is no more than 25mm below the surface.
- FEED your peony once a year in the Spring, Summer or Autumn.
- CUT BACK herbaceous and intersectional peonies in the Autumn; remember tree peonies respond well to pruning to keep them under control.
- WATER your peony consistently while buds are forming but take care not to over water as peonies don’t like to have wet ‘feet’ or roots.
Why choose to grow a Primrose Hall Peony in your garden?
- Primrose Hall Peonies are well-established and mature plants with a huge range of colours and flower shapes to choose from
- Primrose Hall Peonies are EASY to grow and are LOW MAINTENANCE and don’t generally get troubled by slugs, snails, rabbits or deer
- A Primrose Hall Peony will last for decades in the garden, producing more and more blooms each year. Primrose Hall Peonies can flower from April until July – look at the flowering times of each variety to ensure you have a continuous flower in the garden!
- Intersectional or Itoh peonies will often flower for twice as long as a tree peony
Many Primrose Hall Peonies peonies are FRAGRANT and lots of varieties produce great cut flowers