Primrose Hall Peonies is an RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medal award-winning British specialist peony nursery and we hold the Plant Heritage National Collection for unusual Intersectional or Itoh peony varieties. We currently stock the largest selection of rare and extremely collectable peonies for sale in the UK from herbaceous to tree and patio to Itoh, we are growing them all. Our peonies are sold at flowering maturity; this ensures a more established plant which will bloom every season once planted in your garden.
We regularly exhibit our peonies around the country at various shows including RHS Chelsea Flower Show and BBC Gardeners World Live. Our full show schedule is here. Our peonies are also exclusively stocked at RHS Wisley and a wide selection of varieties can be seen on sale at their new garden plant centre.
We ship our peonies all over the UK and Europe and even as far as South Africa. If you are an international customer you can read all about our international shipping here.
Most importantly every peony plant grown on our nursery is nurtured with love and care to making sure they are of the best quality before they move on to their forever home… in your garden. See below for what else makes our peonies so special.
PRIMROSE HALL INSPIRATION
Top Tips For Growing Healthy Happy Peonies Every Time!
- Buy a well-established, MATURE peony plant.
- Plant in a sunny or part-shaded sheltered position in any FREE-DRAINING soil.
- Don’t plant your herbaceous or intersectional peony TOO DEEP – ensure the crown is no more than 25mm below the surface.
- FEED your peony once a year in the Spring, Summer or Autumn.
- CUT BACK herbaceous and intersectional peonies in the Autumn; remember tree peonies respond well to pruning to keep them under control.
- WATER your peony consistently while buds are forming but take care not to over water as peonies don’t like to have wet ‘feet’ or roots.
Why choose to grow a Primrose Hall Peony in your garden?
- Primrose Hall Peonies are well-established and mature plants with a huge range of colours and flower shapes to choose from
- Primrose Hall Peonies are EASY to grow and are LOW MAINTENANCE and don’t generally get troubled by slugs, snails, rabbits or deer
- A Primrose Hall Peony will last for decades in the garden, producing more and more blooms each year. Primrose Hall Peonies can flower from April until July – look at the flowering times of each variety to ensure you have a continuous flower in the garden!
- Intersectional or Itoh peonies will often flower for twice as long as a tree peony
Many Primrose Hall Peonies peonies are FRAGRANT and lots of varieties produce great cut flowers
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR
OUR LATEST NEWS
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
I bought 4 very different plants mail order in December and they are superb. One, a rare one has flowered and is stunning. A tree peony is growing nicely as is another peony and another small plant they recommended. No delivery issues. But I think this is a Nursery, rather than a mail order company, and I don’t think they have a lot of staff. I spoke to the owner the first time I rang and he enthused me with his passion.
Thank you so much for the first delivery of three of the peonies from the list. I am thrilled with them and so excited to plant them in a sunlit flower bed. Your peonies do look wonderful and I shall treasure them I’m sure. Best wishes Hennie
A huge thank you for the extra attention you gave to delivering the tree peony for my mum. She is absolutely delighted and after her mother’s funeral and myself stuck in france and unable to fly over for Mother’s Day and her birthday and my other sister has the same problem in Ireland it has really raised her spirits! Thank you so much.
Thank you for the two peonies received earlier in the week. Beautiful plants, wonderfully packaged, they traveled really well. I look forward to receiving Pink Hawaiian Coral when you have stock available, no rush. Thanks again.
I had to say how splendid my peonies are they have just arrived this morning and I couldn’t be happier, thank you so much for providing such a great well thought out product and service. I am thrilled!!! I have had a rich and varied experience online shopping for plants during the last few months and yours are far-and-away the best thank you. Best wishes Melissa
Hi , bought my tree peony from you 3 years ago at RHS Chatsworth . It has flowered for the first time! Stunning ! Thank you.
Just to applaud you for the delivery of above orders in good condition and in excellent time. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you.
Good morning, We’ve received the peony ‘all that jazz ‘, and we are so happy with the quality and your kind service. Thank you very much! And congratulations on your videos on the Chelsea visual show this year, we’ve been following them, they are wonderful. Best regards Fanfan
Bought two beautiful peonies at Chelsea the advice on how to look after them was great and they look spectacular. Thank you Primrose Hall Peonies.
I can’t thank you enough for your prompt response to my enquiry about delivery. I have just received delivery of the peony and it is in perfect condition and I can’t wait to give it to my daughter for her birthday,she is going to be thrilled.