Primrose Hall Peonies is an RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medal award-winning British specialist peony nursery and we hold the Plant Heritage National Collection for unusual Intersectional or Itoh peony varieties. We currently stock the largest selection of rare and extremely collectable peonies for sale in the UK from herbaceous to tree and patio to Itoh, we are growing them all. Our peonies are sold at flowering maturity. We ship our peonies all over the UK and Europe. If you are an international customer you can read all about our international shipping here.
Most importantly every peony plant grown on our nursery is nurtured with love and care to making sure they are of the best quality before they move on to their forever home… in your garden. See below for what else makes our peonies so special.
Top Tips For Growing Healthy Happy Peonies Every Time!
- Buy a well-established, MATURE peony plant.
- Plant in a sunny or part-shaded sheltered position in any FREE-DRAINING soil.
- Don’t plant your herbaceous or intersectional peony TOO DEEP – ensure the crown is no more than 25mm below the surface.
- FEED your peony once a year in the Spring, Summer or Autumn.
- CUT BACK herbaceous and intersectional peonies in the Autumn; remember tree peonies respond well to pruning to keep them under control.
- WATER your peony consistently while buds are forming but take care not to over water as peonies don’t like to have wet ‘feet’ or roots.
Why choose to grow a Primrose Hall Peony in your garden?
- Primrose Hall Peonies are well-established and mature plants with a huge range of colours and flower shapes to choose from
- Primrose Hall Peonies are EASY to grow and are LOW MAINTENANCE and don’t generally get troubled by slugs, snails, rabbits or deer
- A Primrose Hall Peony will last for decades in the garden, producing more and more blooms each year. Primrose Hall Peonies can flower from April until July – look at the flowering times of each variety to ensure you have a continuous flower in the garden!
- Intersectional or Itoh peonies will often flower for twice as long as a tree peony
Many Primrose Hall Peonies peonies are FRAGRANT and lots of varieties produce great cut flowers
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Thank you so much for the first delivery of three of the peonies from the list. I am thrilled with them and so excited to plant them in a sunlit flower bed. Your peonies do look wonderful and I shall treasure them I’m sure. Best wishes Hennie
We bought ‘Do Tell’ a herbaceous peony from Primrose Hall at Gardeners World last year as we couldn’t resist when we saw the beautiful Primrose Hall stand. The choice of peonies was incredible. Do tell is absolutely gorgeous, would definitely recommend! We only wish we lived closer to the nursery to visit! Will definitely be ordering from the website in future and we are looking forward to Do well making an appearance this year!
Good morning, So pleased to receive our lovely Garden Treasure Paeonia. Planted and looking lovely. Best wishes
A huge thank you for the extra attention you gave to delivering the tree peony for my mum. She is absolutely delighted and after her mother’s funeral and myself stuck in france and unable to fly over for Mother’s Day and her birthday and my other sister has the same problem in Ireland it has really raised her spirits! Thank you so much.
Good morning, We’ve received the peony ‘all that jazz ‘, and we are so happy with the quality and your kind service. Thank you very much! And congratulations on your videos on the Chelsea visual show this year, we’ve been following them, they are wonderful. Best regards Fanfan
Hello Primrose Hall Peonies Just a little thank you to you all for getting the peony to my special friends in time for their Ruby Wedding Anniversary. They are both delighted and look forward to watching it grow. Many Thanks Sue B
I purchased Bartzella at Hampton Court in 2018. After a slow start, it produced one bloom last year. This May I can count 23 buds/blooms. Some 7 or 8 blooms are currently fully open, each one approx. 8 to 10 inches across. Overall size 1m. high and 1.2m wide. What a plant, thank you.
Bought two beautiful peonies at Chelsea the advice on how to look after them was great and they look spectacular. Thank you Primrose Hall Peonies.
Hi , bought my tree peony from you 3 years ago at RHS Chatsworth . It has flowered for the first time! Stunning ! Thank you.
I had to say how splendid my peonies are they have just arrived this morning and I couldn’t be happier, thank you so much for providing such a great well thought out product and service. I am thrilled!!! I have had a rich and varied experience online shopping for plants during the last few months and yours are far-and-away the best thank you. Best wishes Melissa