Primrose Hall Peonies is an RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medal award-winning British specialist peony nursery and we hold the Plant Heritage National Collection for unusual Intersectional or Itoh peony varieties. We currently stock the largest selection of rare and extremely collectable peonies for sale in the UK from herbaceous to tree and patio to Itoh, we are growing them all. Our peonies are sold at flowering maturity; this ensures a more established plant which will bloom every season once planted in your garden.
We regularly exhibit our peonies around the country at various shows including RHS Chelsea Flower Show and BBC Gardeners World Live. Our full show schedule is here. Our peonies are also exclusively stocked at RHS Wisley and a wide selection of varieties can be seen on sale at their new garden plant centre.
We ship our peonies all over the UK and Europe and even as far as South Africa. If you are an international customer you can read all about our international shipping here.
Most importantly every peony plant grown on our nursery is nurtured with love and care to making sure they are of the best quality before they move on to their forever home… in your garden. See below for what else makes our peonies so special.
PRIMROSE HALL INSPIRATION
Top Tips For Growing Healthy Happy Peonies Every Time!
- Buy a well-established, MATURE peony plant.
- Plant in a sunny or part-shaded sheltered position in any FREE-DRAINING soil.
- Don’t plant your herbaceous or intersectional peony TOO DEEP – ensure the crown is no more than 25mm below the surface.
- FEED your peony once a year in the Spring, Summer or Autumn.
- CUT BACK herbaceous and intersectional peonies in the Autumn; remember tree peonies respond well to pruning to keep them under control.
- WATER your peony consistently while buds are forming but take care not to over water as peonies don’t like to have wet ‘feet’ or roots.
Why choose to grow a Primrose Hall Peony in your garden?
- Primrose Hall Peonies are well-established and mature plants with a huge range of colours and flower shapes to choose from
- Primrose Hall Peonies are EASY to grow and are LOW MAINTENANCE and don’t generally get troubled by slugs, snails, rabbits or deer
- A Primrose Hall Peony will last for decades in the garden, producing more and more blooms each year. Primrose Hall Peonies can flower from April until July – look at the flowering times of each variety to ensure you have a continuous flower in the garden!
- Intersectional or Itoh peonies will often flower for twice as long as a tree peony
Many Primrose Hall Peonies peonies are FRAGRANT and lots of varieties produce great cut flowers
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR
OUR LATEST NEWS
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Good morning, We’ve received the peony ‘all that jazz ‘, and we are so happy with the quality and your kind service. Thank you very much! And congratulations on your videos on the Chelsea visual show this year, we’ve been following them, they are wonderful. Best regards Fanfan
I purchased Bartzella at Hampton Court in 2018. After a slow start, it produced one bloom last year. This May I can count 23 buds/blooms. Some 7 or 8 blooms are currently fully open, each one approx. 8 to 10 inches across. Overall size 1m. high and 1.2m wide. What a plant, thank you.
I can’t thank you enough for your prompt response to my enquiry about delivery. I have just received delivery of the peony and it is in perfect condition and I can’t wait to give it to my daughter for her birthday,she is going to be thrilled.
Dear Primrose Hall Peonies Thank you, I received my order yesterday. Your beautiful peonies have brighten up my stressful day. Best Wishes Maritess
Good morning, So pleased to receive our lovely Garden Treasure Paeonia. Planted and looking lovely. Best wishes
Hi , bought my tree peony from you 3 years ago at RHS Chatsworth . It has flowered for the first time! Stunning ! Thank you.
Bought two beautiful peonies at Chelsea the advice on how to look after them was great and they look spectacular. Thank you Primrose Hall Peonies.
I bought 4 very different plants mail order in December and they are superb. One, a rare one has flowered and is stunning. A tree peony is growing nicely as is another peony and another small plant they recommended. No delivery issues. But I think this is a Nursery, rather than a mail order company, and I don’t think they have a lot of staff. I spoke to the owner the first time I rang and he enthused me with his passion.
We bought this wonderful Court Jester from you at Chelsea 2018. It took a year to settle its foliage but this year – look at it now – we are thrilled! With thanks and all good wishes,
I would like to say thank you to Alec and team my peonies arrived today safely Regards p.hughes