Primrose Hall Peonies is an RHS Chelsea Flower Show gold medal award-winning British specialist peony nursery and we hold the Plant Heritage National Collection for unusual Intersectional or Itoh peony varieties. We currently stock the largest selection of rare and extremely collectable peonies for sale in the UK from herbaceous to tree and patio to Itoh, we are growing them all. Our peonies are sold at flowering maturity. We ship our peonies all over the UK and Europe. If you are an international customer you can read all about our international shipping here.
Most importantly every peony plant grown on our nursery is nurtured with love and care to making sure they are of the best quality before they move on to their forever home… in your garden. See below for what else makes our peonies so special.
Top Tips For Growing Healthy Happy Peonies Every Time!
- Buy a well-established, MATURE peony plant.
- Plant in a sunny or part-shaded sheltered position in any FREE-DRAINING soil.
- Don’t plant your herbaceous or intersectional peony TOO DEEP – ensure the crown is no more than 25mm below the surface.
- FEED your peony once a year in the Spring, Summer or Autumn.
- CUT BACK herbaceous and intersectional peonies in the Autumn; remember tree peonies respond well to pruning to keep them under control.
- WATER your peony consistently while buds are forming but take care not to over water as peonies don’t like to have wet ‘feet’ or roots.
Why choose to grow a Primrose Hall Peony in your garden?
- Primrose Hall Peonies are well-established and mature plants with a huge range of colours and flower shapes to choose from
- Primrose Hall Peonies are EASY to grow and are LOW MAINTENANCE and don’t generally get troubled by slugs, snails, rabbits or deer
- A Primrose Hall Peony will last for decades in the garden, producing more and more blooms each year. Primrose Hall Peonies can flower from April until July – look at the flowering times of each variety to ensure you have a continuous flower in the garden!
- Intersectional or Itoh peonies will often flower for twice as long as a tree peony
Many Primrose Hall Peonies peonies are FRAGRANT and lots of varieties produce great cut flowers
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Good morning, So pleased to receive our lovely Garden Treasure Paeonia. Planted and looking lovely. Best wishes
Dear Primrose Hall Peonies Thank you, I received my order yesterday. Your beautiful peonies have brighten up my stressful day. Best Wishes Maritess
Thank you for the two peonies received earlier in the week. Beautiful plants, wonderfully packaged, they traveled really well. I look forward to receiving Pink Hawaiian Coral when you have stock available, no rush. Thanks again.
We bought ‘Do Tell’ a herbaceous peony from Primrose Hall at Gardeners World last year as we couldn’t resist when we saw the beautiful Primrose Hall stand. The choice of peonies was incredible. Do tell is absolutely gorgeous, would definitely recommend! We only wish we lived closer to the nursery to visit! Will definitely be ordering from the website in future and we are looking forward to Do well making an appearance this year!
Dear PHP, Thank you for the peonies, they arrived safely this morning in excellent condition. My wife gave them a long drink and planted them later. She was impressed to find the rootball held together in its entirety. Wife and peonies are very happy chickens, thank you very much. With very best wishes Malcolm
I would like to say thank you to Alec and team my peonies arrived today safely Regards p.hughes
Just to applaud you for the delivery of above orders in good condition and in excellent time. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you.
Excellent service received by the Primrose Hall Peonies team at all times. Their Peonies are of the highest quality and delivered fast and packaged well. The care advice received is always second to none and being new to growing Peonies they have made my experience very easy with great results. Their stand at the flower shows are also worth a visit. The colour is outstanding. I cannot recommend this company enough.
Bought two beautiful peonies at Chelsea the advice on how to look after them was great and they look spectacular. Thank you Primrose Hall Peonies.
A huge thank you for the extra attention you gave to delivering the tree peony for my mum. She is absolutely delighted and after her mother’s funeral and myself stuck in france and unable to fly over for Mother’s Day and her birthday and my other sister has the same problem in Ireland it has really raised her spirits! Thank you so much.